Getzschman Heating and Cooling has replaced hundreds of furnaces since we began serving the Omaha area in 1960. Whether it was because a homeowner wanted to upgrade to a more energy efficient system or because a home’s furnace was on its last leg and the homeowner wanted to avoid a break down in the middle of winter. Each time we replace a furnace, the G-Force team works with the homeowner to help them make an educated decision about the furnace they are purchasing.
If you are considering upgrading your home’s furnace this winter season, be sure that you are informed about the system you are purchasing. Ask the heating and cooling company that you are working with the following questions!
1. What is the efficiency level (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) of this unit?
2. How much should I expect to save in energy savings by upgrading to this furnace?
3. Does this furnace upgrade include a warranty? If so, what is covered under this warranty?
4. What is the average age for this furnace model?
5. Is a new thermostat included with the purchase of this furnace? If so, is it a programmable thermostat?
6. When I purchase a new furnace, is a routine maintenance package included? Learn about the G-Force Maintenance Program, Save Money With a G-Force Maintenance Agreement.
7. How often should I have this furnace inspected and maintained?
8. Is this an Energy Star certified furnace?
9. What size filter is required? How do I change the filter in this new model?
10. What air filtration options are available?
Knowing the answers to these questions will help you make a well-informed decision about your home’s furnace upgrade. For more information about furnace replacements or to learn about the options available at Getzschman, give us a call today.