Most Omaha area residents know that carbon monoxide is a dangerous, potentially deadly gas that is not only colorless but odorless as well. But what else do you know about this poisonous gas? At Getzschman Heating & Cooling, our goal is to keep you and your family safe, which is why we want to educate you about the gas that many of the objects in your home produces.
- 1. Each year 400 Americans die from unintentional CO poisoning.
- 2. More than 20,000 Americans visit the emergency room and more than 4,000 are hospitalized due to CO poisoning.
- 3. Carbon monoxide can be found in stoves, generators, fireplaces, water heaters, vehicles, and furnaces.
- 4. When vented properly, the carbon monoxide in these products will exit by being pushed outside the home.
- 5. Carbon monoxide can enter your home if these products have blocked airways, are not properly vented, or have an equipment malfunction.