Now Hiring!Immediate Openings View Job Openings!
5 Facts You May Not Know About Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Most Omaha area residents know that carbon monoxide is a dangerous, potentially deadly gas that is not only colorless but odorless as well. But what else do you know about this poisonous gas? At Getzschman Heating & Cooling, our goal is to keep you and your family safe, which is why we want to educate you about the gas that many of the objects in your home produces.
- 1. Each year 400 Americans die from unintentional CO poisoning.
- 2. More than 20,000 Americans visit the emergency room and more than 4,000 are hospitalized due to CO poisoning.
- 3. Carbon monoxide can be found in stoves, generators, fireplaces, water heaters, vehicles, and furnaces.
- 4. When vented properly, the carbon monoxide in these products will exit by being pushed outside the home.
- 5. Carbon monoxide can enter your home if these products have blocked airways, are not properly vented, or have an equipment malfunction.
So how do you keep you and your family safe from carbon monoxide? Getzschman Heating & Cooling recommends scheduling a furnace tune-up for your Omaha area home. When we come out and perform a furnace tune-up, we perform tests to make sure that your furnace is operating properly, is well vented, and that the airways are not blocked. We also suggest replacing the batteries in your carbon monoxide monitor. If you do not have one in your home, have one installed.
We provide furnace tune-ups and furnace repair services to the entire Omaha, Nebraska area. To schedule a tune-up for your furnace to make sure it is being properly vented or to have a carbon monoxide monitor installed, give Getzschman a call.
*Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention