Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms You Should Know

If your home does not contain a carbon monoxide detector, we highly recommend that you install one. Each year and average of 170 people in the U.S. die from carbon monoxide poisoning from non-automotive products. The biggest culprits are malfunctioning fuel-burning appliances like furnaces, ranges, water heaters, room heaters, portable generators, and fireplaces. Because carbon monoxide (CO) is colorless and odorless, it is almost impossible to detect. Because it can’t be detected by the senses, it’s good to know the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning so you can get help before it’s too late.
Initial signs of CO poisoning mimic flu symptoms and include:
·         Nausea
·         Dizziness
·         Headache
·         Fatigue
·         Shortness of Breath
High levels of CO poisoning include:
·         Vomiting
·         Mental Confusion
·         Loss of Coordination
·         Loss of Consciousness
·         Death
The higher the level of carbon monoxide and the longer the exposure, the greater the danger. Leaks that start and build while everyone is sleeping are the most dangerous. It is highly recommended that you buy a carbon monoxide detector and install it in your home. Many models simply plug into an outlet, so it’s an easy and inexpensive way to protect your family. Another recommendation is to have your furnace checked once a year to make sure there are no leaks. A G-Force tune-up will detect any problems and avert carbon monoxide leaks from your furnace.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *